For easy access to commonly used genomes, drag from the bottom list to the top one ·
- Arabidopsis thaliana (Arabidopsis thaliana)
- Oryza sativa (Oryza sativa)
- Zea mays (Zea mays)
- Brachypodium distachyon (Brachypodium distachyon)
- Glycine max (Glycine max)
- Physcomitrella patens (Physcomitrella patens subsp. patens)
Other available species
- Arabidopsis lyrata (Arabidopsis lyrata subsp. lyrata)
- Brassica rapa (Brassica rapa)
- Chlamydomonas reinhardtii (Chlamydomonas reinhardtii)
- Cyanidioschyzon merolae (Cyanidioschyzon merolae strain 10D)
- Hordeum vulgare (Hordeum vulgare)
- Leersia perrieri (Leersia perrieri)
- Musa acuminata (Musa acuminata)
- Oryza barthii (Oryza barthii)
- Oryza brachyantha (Oryza brachyantha)
- Oryza glaberrima (Oryza glaberrima)
- Oryza glumaepatula (Oryza glumaepatula)
- Oryza granulata (Oryza granulata)
- Oryza longistaminata (Oryza longistaminata)
- Oryza meridionalis (Oryza meridionalis)
- Oryza minutabb (Oryza minutabb)
- Oryza minutacc (Oryza minutacc)
- Oryza nivara (Oryza nivara)
- Oryza officinalis (Oryza officinalis)
- Oryza punctata (Oryza punctata)
- Oryza rufipogon ()
- Oryza rufipogon3s (Oryza rufipogon3s)
- Oryza sativa Indica Group (Oryza sativa Indica Group)
- Populus trichocarpa (Populus trichocarpa)
- Selaginella moellendorffii (Selaginella moellendorffii)
- Setaria italica (Setaria italica)
- Solanum lycopersicum (Solanum lycopersicum)
- Solanum tuberosum (Solanum tuberosum)
- Sorghum bicolor (Sorghum bicolor)
- Triticum aestivum (Triticum aestivum)
- Vitis vinifera (Vitis vinifera)
What's new in Release 36b (Mar 2013)
- New functionality
- Triticum aestivumi (bread wheat)
- Updated genomes
- New data
- Added new variation data for Hordeum vulgare (barley) from four cultivars: Barke, Bowman, Igri, Haruna Nijo, and a wild barley (H. spontaneum).
- Added new variation data for Brachypodium sylvaticum (barley) from three populations: Corvallis, Oregon, Spain and Greece, mapped to Brachypodium distachyon genome (Source: Jaiswal lab).
- Added new alignments to Brachypodium sylvaticum transcriptomics datasets for Brachypodium distachyon.
- Added new alignments to several EST and transcriptomics datasets for Triticum aestivum (wheat) provided in the syntenic context of Brachypodium.
- Added new alignments to several EST and transcriptomics datasets for Solanum tuberosum (potato).
- Added new alignments to several EST and transcriptomics datasets for Oryza barthii (WGS), O. granulata (chr3s), O. longistaminata (chr3s), and Leersia perrieri (chr3s).
- Added new whole-genome alignments against Oryza sativa Japonica for Oryza barthii (WGS), O. granulata (chr3s), O. longistaminata (chr3s), and Leersia perrieri (chr3s).
- Added newly built Oryza phylogenetic gene trees including genes from Oryza barthii (WGS), O. granulata (chr3s), O. longistaminata (chr3s), and Leersia perrieri (chr3s).
- Added new DNA-derived synteny data between Solanum tuberosum (potato) and S. lycopersicum (tomato).
- Updated data
- Updated RepeatMasker repeats for Solanum tuberosum (potato).
- Updated BioMarts
- Updated features
- Updated genome browser, database schema and API to Ensembl version 70
This work is a joint project between EnsemblGenomes at the European Bioinformatics Institute and the group of Doreen Ware at the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, who have developed the Gramene database, a resource for plant comparative genomics based on Ensembl technology. A common set of databases are available through EnsemblGenomes and Gramene, and the two groups are collaborating on the integration of content, quality control and the development of new features.
- This release of Gramene includes an extensive set of variations for Hordeum vulgare (barley) . Barley serves as a model for adaptation, coping with a range of biotic and abiotic stresses. Here we show variations between the reference sequence and cultivars Barke, Bowman, Igri, Haruna Nijo and a single accession of wild barley (H. spontaneum). Read more...
- A new sequence search service specific to the Triticum aestivum (bread wheat) species has been created. In the absence of a reference genome for wheat, this search service aligns a DNA input sequence against wheat ESTs, publically available in ENA, and has been adapted to link the alignments to the brachypodium genomic locations where the wheat sequences map. The mapping between the wheat EST sequences and the Brachypodium genome relies on pre-computed alignments performed using Exonerate. These alignments can be visualized independently on Brachypodium location view. Click here for example.
- A new variation resource for Brachypodium sylvaticum mapped on Brachypodium distachyon genome provides means for studying genetic diversity of this invasice species, which is often used as model plant for bioenergy feedstock.
- Updated Oryza specific gene trees including 14 Oryza species and a outergroup, Click here for example
- The International Barley Genome Sequencing Consortium (IBSC). A physical, genetical and functional sequence assembly of the barley genome. Nature. 2012.
- Brenchley R, et. al.. Analysis of the bread wheat genome using whole-genome shotgun sequencing. Nature. 2012.
For annotations relating to Organelles, see the organelles page