A Gene Ontology chart and table are available in Ensembl. The chart graphically depicts the position of GO terms within the heirarchical tree of terms. Dark blue terms belong to the Ensembl transcript. The orange terms are the broad catagories from GOSlim. Thus, relationships between terms may be visualised.
The Gene Ontology table shows the GO terms associated with the Ensembl transcript. Tables are split up according to the three catagories listed at the start of this article.
Ensembl associates GO terms to genes via UniProt mappings. Three-letter evidence codes refer to the evidence used for the initial assignment of GO terms to UniProt records. A summary is below. For more information, see the GO evidence codes page.
Guide to evidence codes from GO:
- EXP - Inferred from Experiment
- IC - Inferred by Curator
- IDA- Inferred from Direct Assay
- IEA - Inferred from Electronic Annotation
- IEP - Inferred from Expression Pattern
- IGC - Inferred from Genomic Context
- IGI - Inferred from Genetic Interaction
- IMP - Inferred from Mutant Phenotype
- IPI - Inferred from Physical Interaction
- ISA - Inferred from Sequence Alignment
- ISM - Inferred from Sequence Model
- ISO - Inferred from Sequence Orthology
- ISS - Inferred from Sequence or Structural Similarity
- NAS - Non-traceable Author Statement
- ND - No biological Data available
- RCA - inferred from Reviewed Computational Analysis
- TAS - Traceable Author Statement
- NR - Not Recorded